SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL KNIGHTS PLAYERS AND FAMILIES
As the COVID 19 pandemic evolves we ask our players and their families to stay safe, healthy and follow all recommended protocols to end this pandemic.
While the Club does not recommend players self training without parental permission we recognize that players need to excercize and may wish to practice some basic skills at home. In addition, our coaches are working hard at providing their respective teams with learning opportunities to improve their understanding of the game. All coaches will be in regular contact with players via conference video with recommendations for soccer learning opportunites.
All players are currently attending school remotely and are adept at working online. Coaches will be meeitng with teams to discuss tactical activites, college preparations, fitness and technical options (with parental permission!).
Please continue to follow recommeded protocols for dealing with this virus. STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!
*Players must have parental permission to work out on their own at home!
COVID 19 Update!
Please be advised that we are continuing to monitor the developing impacts of Covid 19/Coronavirus. Safety of our players and our families is our first priority.
We are working with NJYS ( NJ Youth Soccer) who are working in close partnership with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and international agencies including the State Department, USOPC, IOC and FIFA in real-time to guide clubs in our state.
We all play a role in the health and safety of our community. Please do your part to stop the spread of germs in our events by following the below guidelines.
To reinforce health safety and best practices for illness prevention, please read the list below:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 30 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Soccer Specific Steps:
- Avoid pre, during, or post-game handshakes with opposing team members or game officials.
- Avoid team walkouts and hand-in-hand/arm-in-arm team huddles.
- If anyone associated with a team (coach, player, family member) feels ill prior to a scheduled event, have them stay home and not attend the event in order to reduce risk to others.
- If anyone associated with a team (coach, player, family member) becomes ill during an event and has symptoms such as coughing, fever, or general malaise, contact a medical professional. To reduce exposure, consider self-isolation until evaluated by medical personnel, immediately exit the facility, do not come into personal contact with other participants.
- Use alcohol-based sanitizers (60% alcohol) in addition to frequent hand washing - especially after practice and games.
- Carry small bottles of alcohol-based sanitizers to use when hand-washing facilities are unavailable.
- Keep hydrated during practices and games.
- Do not share water bottles or food.
For the most up to date information on Coronavirus, please visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. We will send out any additional information as needed and post information here on our http://www.fcberna.com site.
Also, the State of New Jersey Department of Health provides a 24 Hour Public Hotline to address questions about the COVID-19 coronavirus and useful links to the CDC's web site and frequently asked questions at https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_community.shtml
Please see the following additional resources and communications which may provide further answers to your questions.
CDC - Coronavirus Overview
CDC - Travel Recommendations (China)
CDC - Frequently Asked Questions
CDC - Travelers Health
WHO - Advice for Coronavirus
U.S. Department of State - Country Specific Travel Information
USOPC - Coronavirus Update